Monday, February 8, 2010

Here at Last Lord, Here at Last

Hard to know where to begin. I'm so far past the need for sleep that I have no idea what I'm running on. Empty, I guess. So in no way will I be held accountable for anything I may say. What's that expression from the American cop shows, something about Miranda rights? Except she's a character in the Tempest, so that can't be it.

The Airporter arrived in Baden right on schedule in what is usually the middle of the night - 4:30 am. I believe I had managed about an hour and a half of sleep somewhere between one and three. Everything about the ride into Toronto was more or less exactly as I had imagined. Except that the rear seatback of the van came up to a point somewhere below my shoulder blades. Sleep would have put my head in danger of snapping off, so I had to delay the snoring until we were somewhere in the air far above Lake Ontario (I would have told you it was halfway to our destination, but Frank and Eric have informed me the noise started almost before the plane had leveled off).

I'm actually writing this from Frank's room. He must be closer to the WiFi (sp?) source. I can't seem to get online from my room 50 yards away. So I'm going to cut this short. The irony is that I finally have so much to talk about.

In a nutshell, the plane ride was smooth, pleasant and uneventful. At least during the times when I was awake. The airport in San Salvador was extemely busy, line-ups to get into the line-ups; but again, there were no problemas. See, I'm learning already! The heat is shocking. The country is beautiful. The people warm and friendly. Suchitoto is totally charming. There is so much more I want to share, but...

Frank is such a gracious host, he would never ask me to leave. But it's time we all got some rest. We have an eight am meeting with Tatiana and Tito on the terrace at the hotel, then another meeting with Sister Peggy at nine, followed by a tour of the school.

Definitely, to be continued...

1 comment: