Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Yesterday's entry, which didn't get posted until mid-morning today, was a real labour. And not of love. An intermittent Wi-Fi connection on the terrace at the hotel teased me into thinking I could compose online. Lost the signal, along with my draft, and went to plan B. Fiddled and fretted in Word for a couple of hours and then wiped out all my efforts with one errant, sleep-deprived key stroke. My cursing was silent but prodigious. Fell into bed extremely late and totally frustrated.

Still no signal from the terrace this morning, so after breakfast we strolled downtown. Frank and Eric checked out the market while I sat outside the Internet Cafe and tapped away. I had been up for several hours and I don't drink coffee. Neither soda pop nor canned juice was appealing. You guessed it. Cerveza. Well, I had to pay for my chair and the signal somehow.

It was pretty quiet downtown so we drifted back to the hotel and the pool. Lounged around like tourists, enjoying the sun and the sparkling water, until it was time to walk back to Miguel's for a late lunch. Miguel is Argentinian and the meal featured a lot of slow-cooked meat - chicken and pork and beef. Extremely tasty.

A nap would have been the perfect follower to the meal but I couldn't bear to let the glorious day go to waste so I sat outside by the pool, read and checked emails. Wireless working again! Oh yeah. One more thing. Eric helped me finally post some photos on the Blog. Nothing too embarrassing. Yet.

Craving something a little different, we went to a pizza place around the corner for supper. It's owned by the son of a retired fellow from Georgia who does laps in the hotel pool every afternoon. Yet another Frank. The pizza was fine but made me crave Pazzo's all the more. We walked off the cheese by heading downtown once again, this time to hear some live music in San Martin Park. A final hops nightcap on the square and then home again, home again, jiggity jog.

I know this entire entry makes us sound like lazy, beer-swilling slackers. Today, si. But Tito will be here bright and early in the morning to drive us to Escuele Taller. Wait until you see the sawdust fly tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment